Monday, August 18, 2008

Roadtrip to Denver

I leave for Denver on Friday.


Jess, Jeremiah and I on the back of a donkey heading for Denver. The artwork is by Julio Salgado.

I will be traveling by car and not by donkey to Colorado to cover the Democratic National Convention along with two other journalists from CSUF.


Some friends from LBCC days. Anne (left), Michael (right) and that's Jess in the middle.

On Aug. 16 we had a fund raiser at the 49er Tavern in Long Beach. I'm not sure how much we raised yet, but I think the turn out proved extraordinary.

I want to thank everyone for coming out and supporting the cause.


Anne offered to perform tarot card readings for donations. That's Alyssa awaiting her fate.

I'll try to post my experience here everyday, possibly a couple times a day throughout the week.

Jim is the computer wizard in LBCC's Viking newsroom.

Michal (Me-how) likes coupons.

Rob and Alyssa.

I'm not sure, but I think I beat Rob at pinball.

Here's some stuff we tried to sell. Nobody desired to buy the salt, pepper, Tabasco and napkins though.

No comments: