Friday, August 22, 2008

First Stop: Cedar City, Utah

If life is about surviving then life begins when you're rolling through the desert. 

Here we are, three college students leaving a comfortable and somewhat predictable existence, driving east through the desolate landscape of California and Nevada on Interstate 15, hoping our actions align along some twisted fragment of success. We really have no business being out here, but it's that thought creating the excitement. 

Desolation brings forth curiosity in the fortunate. 


Of course, after churning a bunch of bullshit in your head for a few hours, In-N-Out is a must do. That's Jeremiah and Jess.

An unhealthy fate.

Dylan in my ears. Zion in my eyes.


Here's where we decide an economy car and a dirt road is worth mixing. For the next few hours we indulge in some back wood scenery. We didn't make it back to the main highway until well after dark. I think we witnessed hunters scoping out their prey. If not, then a lot of dudes out here like wearing camouflage and peering through binoculars while stopped in the middle of the road.

Check back here tomorrow night for some more rambles and photos. Also, come Monday, www.dailytitan.com will go live and you can check out our DNC coverage. Now it's bed time. I have to be up in four hours. Night. Night. 

p.s. I miss Tricia.




3 comments:

grigory-never-get-there said...

good stuff, good stuff. btw...while you were in the forest looking at billy bob's buttcrack, obama picked biden as his vp.

DG Beat said...

Oh, I know Greg. I know. Well we made it. I'll post again tonight. Our place is awesome. Back house in a little town called Stapleton(?) I'll take some pics.

Anonymous said...

Alright. I don't want to hear any Mt. Dixie jokes...got it?!!