Friday, January 02, 2009

Oklahoma Day Five



The rest of the trip mellowed out. We woke up quite early the next day and headed out for breakfast at a local Watonga joint called Hi-De-Ho Cafe. The food resembled a home-cooked meal. Everyone enjoyed it.


We went for a long drive to visit places my dad usually camps and fishes at.

Then we started throwing rocks at frozen water.


After the tour, we settled in and started drinking at my dad's house. Jeremy and I got him to play with a balero. He actually pulled off a trick within seconds of grabbing the damn thing.


When the booze took hold we began making shit up. My dad wanted to play a game of "Drink the beer, kick the ball and do the balero trick."


A few tries later Jeremy and I went pro.

The night ended with Sinead O'Conner's "Nothing Compares 2 U," because my dad really likes that song.

I learned a lot about him over the week.

No comments: