Thursday, July 09, 2009

Fourth of July


An all-American extravaganza. 

The day our forefathers turned traitors. 
The day I rode a bike so far I couldn't get properly drunk.

We started around noon, and by we I mean the Dish, Greg, Rob and I. 

We headed into Naples curious whether or not water 
fights would be in full swing.

Yep.

The funniest part of this tradition is watching the uninformed 
people react to strangers and their watery violence. 

They stare, confused because everyone else around them 
seems to be enjoying themselves.

After a few beers we stopped at Taco Surf to have more.

Then we were off to a house near the 405 and Palo Verde Avenue. The ride there proved fun, but the ride back... not so fun.

Micah jammed with some of his buddies, and Greg jumped in. 
Later, I did the same.


The night was fun. I didn't see many fireworks, but I was surrounded 
by good people and a lot of booze. 

Good enough for me.


5 comments:

Holls said...

Aw what a fun time!! Seriously. The 4th is becoming a favorite of mine for sure! I love riding bikes on the closed streets of HB!

I miss you guys though.

fourth of rob said...

i like that pic of me at taco surf. can i use it for my facebook? ill give you credit n stuff.

DG Beat said...

Yeah, Rob, use it.

We miss you too Hollie!

Greg said...

I went ahead and used your pics and didn't give you credit. Am I busted?

DG Beat said...

Don't worry about it Greg. My lawyer will be contacting you.